Friday, November 18, 2011

Incredibly Easy (and tasty) Risotto in 15 minutes!

Recently I was given the greatest gift! I've never even heard of it before, it's the Electric Multicooker from Amazon.com. This is a great appliance for the kitchen. The browning function actually works to saute garlic & onion for this recipe. I'm still putting the appliance through its paces, but I've used the slow cooker to make BBQ chicken. The rice cooker worked well for this tasty risotto. It's creamy, cheesy and a perfect compliment for chicken and fish dishes.

I'm not sure how well the recipe will work in other cookers. This is the only rice cooker I have ever used, so experiment as instructed by your appliance. The instructions listed below are for the appliance shown here:
Creamy Gruyere and Parmesan Risotto
by 3-in-1 Electric Multicooker Recipe Book, but adapted by me
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup minced onion
1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup grated Gruyere Cheese (4 oz)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the butter and oil in the cooker on the brown setting. When the butter has melted, add the garlic and onion. Saute until you can smell the garlic -- about 2 minutes. 

Stir in the rice to make sure it's coated thoroughly. Pour in the stock. Lock the lid in place and set to rice cook. 

Once rice cook cycle is complete release pressure but allow the risotto to rest on the warm cycle with the lid on for about 5 minutes. 

Open the lid, stir in the Gruyere and Parmesan. Let it rest for about 3 minutes.

Salt and pepper to taste, serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. just thought you'd like to know that I googled "garmin nuvi" and up came THIS recipe in my "personals"...

    Not that it was what I was looking for, but yum, I'm going to cook it tomorrow!

    Denny

    ReplyDelete