Sunday, March 14, 2010

Delusions of grandeur

Do you ever have "delusions of grandeur"?


(OK, just to make it interesting, I'll give a purse out of my pre-made stash to anyone who can name the movie I just quoted.)

I've been home, sick, lying on my couch for three days. In those three days, I've decided that I can do amazing things. Now, keep in mind, I haven't moved a muscle. I've not picked up a hammer and nail or any such thing. I've just been reading the best blog I've ever read -- Knock Off Wood.


I BELIEVE!


I think I'm going to make these for the entry way:
And these for the basement:

And this bed for my daughter's room:

with this on the side:
And this for me and my sewing room:



And, maybe if I have some time left I'll whip up this dining room table:Did I mention that I'm the kid who cut the top of her thumb off in shop class? Watch out world! Here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Well, they do use that line in Star Wars but I'm not sure that is what you are looking for. I also think they use that phrase in Clue. I hope I get a purse! I would love one.

    Anyway, thank you so much for this post. I am loving this new blog. I have been wanting those shelves from Land of Nod for so long but have not wanted to spend the money. Now I have a spring project to get to! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally do-able! After Kent was sent to the store for hot dogs and ground turkey and came back with a new TV, I needed a TV console but didn't want to spend too much on it. I had been cruising that site, and decided to make one! It actually turned out better than I thought it would! The key is the finishing- take your time on the painting and poly-coating. It makes all the difference. I'll have to post pics on my blog sometime....

    ReplyDelete