Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Alabama White BBQ sauce


picture courtesy of Southern Plate

Introduced to this new sauce here and here, I just couldn't pass it up. It needed to be tried. Oh, I'm so glad I did! It's tangy, sweet, lemony and wonderful.

The first bite is odd -- I'm not going to lie. You think it's going to be Ranch dressing and it's just not. It's very different, but very good. It becomes addictive quickly. I have only served it with the roasted potatoes, but I think it would be great as a veggie dip, a salad dressing or a marinade. Oh, we've also dipped rolls and potato chips in it too. Also good. You could probably dip nails in it and they would taste good.

I've given you measurements for two different sized batches. I'd only make the large one if I was serving a crowd or using it as a marinade. If you're just going to dip, the small batch is fine.

Alabama White Barbecue Sauce
large version

2 C Mayonnaise
1 1/2 T salt
2 T black pepper
6 T white vinegar
6 T lemon juice
4 T white sugar
Mix all ingredients together and stir well.

Alabama White Barbecue Sauce
small version
1/2 C Mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon white sugar

Mix all ingredients together and stir well.

No comments:

Post a Comment