Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Book: The Deed of Paksearrion



Title: The Deed of Paksenarrion

Author: Elizabeth Moon

Pages: 1024 -- it's three books in one binding

Genre: Fantasy

Warnings: There is violence. There are a few pages that I don't read at all from page 969 to 980. I start at the top of 981. I know of yucky things, I don't like to read about them.

What seems like a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away I had a friend named 'Doc.' I honestly don't know if he had a real name. That's what everyone called him. Anyway, he worked for a newspaper where I was doing training and we became friends. He put together a list of book recommendations for me that pushed me outside my normal reading comfort zone. The Deed of Paksennarion was on that list. I'll admit, it took me a while to warm up to the idea of reading fantasy. I've never liked it until I had Doc's recommended list and convinced myself to give in and try reading a bit of the genre.

I love this book. It's one I read at least once every year. It is my favorite book of human triumph over evil. I love the strong female character and the inner fight that she wins through her faith and they way that she is respected by others within the book. Give it a try -- you might decide you can read fantasy every once in a while too!

No comments:

Post a Comment