Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

I LOVE beef stroganoff. It's not my hubby's favorite, so I often cook it when I know he's going to be eating dinner elsewhere. I usually add a little extra Worcestershire sauce to the meat when browning. This is another recipe I make once and vacuum seal the rest into a few portions for a quick lunch another day.

Beef Stroganoff

1 pound beef stew meat
½ pound mushrooms
½ onion
1 Tablespoon butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 dash garlic salt
1 dash pepper
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup sour cream
Broccoli (optional)
4 cups egg noodles

Melt butter. Lightly brown meat, onion and mushrooms in sauce pan over low heat.

Add everything but the sour cream and egg noodles to a crock pot and simmer on low for 4-6 hours.

Serve over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment