Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lynn Valley Lodge Coconut Cookies

When I lived in North Vancouver, we volunteered at a fun little rest home. I just loved the ladies there! My adopted 'Aunt Phil' was such a hoot, telling me about her escapades in her youth. There was a group of women that played Yahtzee every Tuesday and we would eat these cookies. I'm sure they've all long since left Lynn Valley one way or another, but I'll always imagine them dueling over the little tables every time I eat these cookies.

Lynn Valley Lodge Coconut Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

2 sticks butter
1 ¼ cup white sugar
1 egg
1 1/3 cups flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cup rolled oats
¾ cup coconut

DIRECTIONS:

Beat butter, sugar and egg until smooth and creamy.

Combine remaining ingredients.

Bake at 300 for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment