Friday, May 1, 2009

Black Bean Salsa

This one is a treasure! My family loves it -- the kids will eat it with a spoon.

I tried something similar at a friend's house last summer and I tweaked the recipe to suit my taste buds. I love vinegar, so I put in a lot. You might want to try adding some and tasting before you add more than you'll enjoy.

Also, you HAVE to use the fiesta ranch version of the Hidden Valley dip. If you use the normal version, the dip has a very odd smell.

I serve this on chicken tacos, with chips or in a salad. But, it really is tasty just on a spoon too.

Black Bean Salsa

INGREDIENTS:

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can sweet corn, drained
6 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 large avocado, peeled and diced
1 small onion, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ package Fiesta Ranch Dip by Hidden Valley

DIRECTIONS:

Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Add additional salt, pepper, or more lime juice as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment